Using 3D printing / additive manufacturing for production parts
Everyone knows 3D printing / additive manufacturing has benefits for rapid prototyping, but did you know the increased benefits of using 3d printing / additive manufacturing for production parts? Major benefits of printed production parts are :
- Decreased time to market : Get your production parts in your customers hands sooner
- Volume on demand : reduce your overhead from inventory and produce parts based directly off your customers orders from runs of 1 or 2 all the way to runs of the hundreds or more
- Higher dimensional stability: with printing your parts you get exactly what you've modeled out.
- No tooling: for low run production parts you don't have the high costs of tooling or the lead time to fabricate the tooling
- Manufacturabilty: you can offer much more complex parts that traditionally weren't easily manufactured
Still not sure how 3D printing /additive manufacturing falls into your design flow? click HERE to read more about it
Call us today to discuss how Upper Iowa Tool and Die can help you design, print, and deliver your 3D printed parts!